Former Revere Copper and Brass
5851 W. Jefferson Ave., Detroit, MI 48207
The site consists of approximately 28 acres of vacant land. The Detroit River borders this property to the south. The site existed as Revere Copper and Brass improved with structures since the early 1900’s and was used for manufacturing copper and brass until the facility was closed in 1985. In 1988, the USEPA performed and emergency response clean up removing & disposing of transformers, cpacitors, drums of pumped PCB liquids and drums of PCB contaminated soil. In 1996 - 1998 the Michigan Department of Enviornmental Quality (MDEQ) conducted an remedial investigation along with debris, slab and rubble removal.
Asking Price or Appraised Value
The City of Detroit
Existing Zoning & Property Land Use
Surrounding Land Uses
Industrial, Commercial, Adjacent to the Historic Fort Wayne, Detroit River
Site Characterization Status
EPA clean up activities included the removal and disposal of (2) transformers, (45) capacitors, (7) drums of pumped Polychlorinated Biphenyl (PCB) liquids and (8) drums of PCB contaminated soil. MDEQ conducted an remedial investigation along with debris, slab and rubble removal.
Estimated Remaining Cleanup Costs
Delray/Southwest Detroit, Detroit River
Potential local, state, tribal and other incentives